The Seabird Island Band is a multi-faceted First Nations organization that includes government, business, service and non-profit. We provide a vital link for First Nations people to access health and education services as well as create economic opportunities for First Nations people to build thriving First Nations families and communities.
Because of the support we receive from funders, granters, and public donations, the Seabird Island Band is able to provide high quality services that hundreds of First Nations people rely on every day. Our programs and services are found nowhere else in Canada, not for the uniqueness of the services or programs, but because of the approach used to offer those services.
Our services and programs are always:
- Easily accessible to eligible First Nations people;
- Individualized to the person's situation and needs;
- Culturally significant, taking into account the clients beliefs and spirituality;
- Responsive to the existing needs of First Nations peopleLaunched with the goal of creating healthy, self-reliant, self-sustaining First Nations people.
- Aimed to create a healthy and safe community for First Nations people.
The Seabird Island Band employs over 200 staff that are passionate about and dedicated to our vision and with each workday, they help build upon Seabird's successes to create a prosperous, vibrant and healthy future for First Nations people.