Maximum available $3,500 per year to be awarded at the discretion of the Education Committee. The incentive amount the applicant receives depends on availability and number of students applying.
Academic achievement yearly scholarships are available to one full-time student in a diploma or degree program. The student must be returning to full-time studies in the fall and have good academic standing.
To apply, students are required to send a letter outlining their academic achievement and meet the following criteria:
- Must be a currently registered full-time student in a diploma or degree program in the areas of commerce, public or business administration, physical science, mathematics, computer sciences, forestry, or engineering.
- Must have completed one year of studies.
- Must be returning to full-time studies in the fall.
- Students must have an overall grade average of B or better.
- Must be in good standing with Seabird Island; students who have outstanding debt, loans, repayment agreements are not eligible to apply.
- Must forward a letter detailing his or her academic achievement during his or her academic year and include an official transcript of grades in a sealed envelope to the Education Coordinator no later than July 31.
- Faxed letters and transcripts will not be accepted.
- All applications will be reviewed by the Education Committee. Applicants will be notified of the Committee’s selection by August 31.
- Students may only receive this award once.