The Seabird Island Band is governed by an elected Chief and a nine person Council that share the responsibility of representing the Band at all government levels as well as to other groups, ensuring a strong united voice for the Seabird Island Band locally, provincially and nationally.
Most external committee members are either elected by vote or are nominated by Chief & Council. Any Band Member over the age of 18 can be nominated or run for a committee. Some committees do also include those under the age of 18.
- Education Committee
- Emergency Services Committee
- Executive Committee
- Health & Safety Committee
- Housing Committee
- Lands Advisory Committee
- Membership Code Committee
- Sq’ép Language & Culture Committee
- Sqéwqel Economic Development Committee