Chronic Care and Home Support
The Seabird Island Home and Community Care services provide a range of health care and support services for eligible residents who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs. These services include a variety of in-home care services such as home support, personal care, and referrals to programs to assist clients to maintain optimum health in their own homes. Referrals can be made to the Home Care nurse by a friend, family member, Doctor, or Community Health Representative.
These Services Include:
- Supporting clients to remain independent and in their own homes for as long as possible;
- Individualized assessments on client needs and care plan for client.
- Personal care, home support, foot care, wound care, meals on wheels twice a week, and meal preparation in home.
- Referrals to mental health, occupational therapy, physio-therapy, and can assist with mobility aids and aides on the homes, as well as prescriptions. And complete referrals to a Diabetic Educator as needed.
- One-on-one education from our nursing staff regarding client home safety and medical information, as well as do home visits with a Doctor from he Seabird Island Doctor’s Office.
Our goal is to assist those with acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs to maintain optimum health while living within their own home through our services and our support network. The Support Network is designed to link together the many services provided internally by Seabird Island as well as external services that each client may be eligible for to enhance our clients care.
Am I eligible?
If you live on and are a Band Member of the Seabird Island Band you are eligible for Home and Community Care services.
How can I access this service?
P: 1-604-796-2177 | F: 1-604-796-3729
Liz Point, Health Services Program Manager
Support Our Work
This service and all Seabird Island Band led services welcome donations.
Every donation makes an impact: every dollar helps. All funds donated will go directly to the service and programs of the Seabird Island Band.
Your donation will help First Nations families and support our goals to:
- Improve the health, living standards, and wellbeing of First Nations families,
- Create educational opportunities for First Nations people of all ages and education levels,
- Confront social and economical challenges First Nations people are faced with.