The Seabird Island Employment Centre’s services are designed to increase the employability and employment rate of First Nations people in our Rosedale to Hope service area.
Services are delivered in a safe, supportive environment and include: employment counseling, training and education opportunities, life skills, advocacy, career exploration, resume/cover letter writing, support groups and community referrals.
The Seabird Island Employment and Education Centre provide clientele with the ability to:
- Take part in employment skills preparation programs and drivers education
- Do online job searches, faxing and copying also available.
- Update or create their resumes on facility computers
- Learn more about post secondary education and available funding
- Speak to employment counselors
- If needed, learn more about temporary social assistance
- Job posting board
- Resource Library
- Labour Market Information
Our goal is to increase the employability and employment rate of our First Nations clientele.
Am I eligible?
OIf you are an Aboriginal, Status, Non-Status, On or Off reserve or Inuit person and are 15 years of age or older regardless of your place of origin within Canada and reside within our SASET catchment area: Rosedale to Hope (on both sides of the Fraser) service area, you are eligible for services.
How can I access this service?
For more information about the Employment Centre contact:
Support Our Work
This service and all Seabird Island Band led services welcome donations.
Every donation makes an impact: every dollar helps. All funds donated will go directly to the service and programs of the Seabird Island Band.
Your donation will help First Nations families and support our goals to:
- Improve the health, living standards, and wellbeing of First Nations families,
- Create educational opportunities for First Nations people of all ages and education levels,
- Confront social and economical challenges First Nations people are faced with.