Ey Qwál Speech and Language Program
The Seabird Island Ey Qwál Speech and Language program offers culturally sensitive speech and language services to meet the communication needs of our Aboriginal Children.
We hope to help each child reach his or her fullest potential by helping them learn the tools of effective communication. Children grow in language and literacy by participating in meaningful activities and interacting with others.
Our goals are to:
- Screen and assess children’s speech and language development
- Provide direct and indirect therapy services
- Work with families to encourage speech and language development in a culturally sensitive manner
- Support caregivers in the communication needs of their child
- Provide a training program and workshops for those interested in learning how to support children with speech & language concerns.
Am I eligible?
If you have an Aboriginal (First Nations, Metis, Inuit) child between the ages of 0 and Kindergaten Entry and live between Chehalis and Boothroyd (on or off-reserve) you are eligible for this service.
How can I access this service?
Support Our Work
This service and all Seabird Island Band led services welcome donations.
Every donation makes an impact: every dollar helps. All funds donated will go directly to the service and programs of the Seabird Island Band.
Your donation will help First Nations families and support our goals to:
- Improve the health, living standards, and wellbeing of First Nations families,
- Create educational opportunities for First Nations people of all ages and education levels,
- Confront social and economical challenges First Nations people are faced with.