A:yelexw Center for Hope and Healing
A Recovery Centre for Indigenous People Overcoming Addictions
A ‘family’ home for Indigenous adults 19 years and up. Building on traditional healing and practices, building culture, strength and community for success.
- We do our best to get people in when they are ready
- We can provide detox support
- We address more than the addictions, to treat the whole person
- We provide support in all life areas: mental health, education, family, employment, recreation, job training, drumming circles, sweats and healing walks
- We provide hope and healing the “Seabird way”
- Mental health counselors
- Addictions Specialists
- Education and career training through Seabird College
- Fitness and recreation center
- Employment services
- Traditional practices like cedar brushing, drumming, sweats, medicine walks
Referrals can come through
- Community Health, Mental Health, and/or Addictions Workers
- Seabird Island Doctors’ Office
- Fraser Health Community Substance Use Services
- Fraser Health Concurrent Disorder Therapists
- National Native Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program
Group activities to talk and learn and work through barriers.
Back To The Land
Hiking, traditional medicine walks, edible herbs and plants.
Make A Referral
Please fill out FH subsidy application, available by calling SUSAT clinician to help you
apply for Fraser Health Funding for your client. 1-866-624-6478.
(for Fraser Region applicants only)
Participant has Status as First Nations. Please fill out First Nations Health Authority
subsidy application form, available using link. http://treatment.fnha.ca/
2895 Chowat Rd. Agassiz BC V0M 1A0