Seabird Fishing Notice
There are no mesh restrictions for the next two weekends. Early Stuart Window Closure starts June 26 at 12:00 hours below Mission Bridge and June 27 at 06:00 hours below Sawmill Creek. Any fisheries during the window closure will have a minimum 8” mesh net restrictions to protect these Early Stuart Sockeye and some of the early returning Early Summer Sockeye stocks. Any fish caught before or during the Early Stuart Window closure will be counted towards the Early Stuart Sharing arrangement.
Fishing is as follows.
Set Net Subareas 3 to 11 that includes all communities including Katzie and Kwantlen
- 18:00 hours Friday June 16 to 12:00 hours Saturday June 17
- 18:00 hours Friday June 23 to 12:00 hours Saturday June 24
Drift Net: Subareas 3 & 4 that includes only Katzie and Kwantlen
- 10:00 hours to 16:00 hours Saturday June 17
- 14:00 hours to 20:00 hours Saturday June 24
Drift Net: Subareas 4 to 11 that includes all communities besides Katzie and Kwantlen
- 07:00 hours to 13:00 Saturday June 17
- 07:00 hours to 13:00 Saturday June 24
Thanks Everyone, Be safe on the water.