Seabird Island Daycare
The Daycare Centre is a fully licensed group childcare facility with spaces for 49 children between the ages of 3 months – Kindergarten. We provide high-quality, inclusive childcare that emphasizes emotional, physical, spiritual, cognitive and social development by offering individualized and group activities.
We take the safety of your children seriously which is why our program is licensed and meets ratio requirements.
Activities & Adventures
Our programming has been developed to be educational, open-ended, and include lots of fun activities for children.
We take a play-based, theme approach to support the learning process – from songs to science to Halq’eméylem.
We believe in providing a caring environment for children and being a support system for their family. The Daycare team strives to meet each individual child’s needs for their development. We operate as an Aboriginal Head Start On-Reserve enhanced program that encompasses the seven components of Head Start: health, nutrition, parent & family involvement, Stō:ló culture & Halq’eméylem language, social support, education, and special needs inclusion. We aim to:
- Provide an environment that enables the fullest all round development of each child and encourages your child’s development.
- Encourage life-long learning for children and their parents.
- Actively partner with parents to provide the children with the best possible care and education.
- Give parents the opportunity to attend classes without having to worry about finding a baby-sitter.
- Provide culturally sensitive care
- Provide quality day care that meets or exceeds licensing standards at a low-cost.
- Provide opportunities for parents to learn life skills, parenting skills and receive career and education counseling.
Hours of Operation
The Daycare Centre is open on all weekdays from 7:45am – 4:00pm. Drop-off time takes place every day between 7:45 – 8:00am and children should be picked-up between 3:45 – 4:45pm. We are closed on all statutory holidays including Aboriginal Day. See a list of our closures.
We provide a quick, easy process to enroll your child at the Seabird Island Daycare Centre. Parents are invited to schedule an appointment to meet our staff, see our facility, and complete a registration package with our staff.
Each day our staff offer programming specific to your child’s age range that challenges them and allows for personal growth and development. A typical day at the Daycare can include:
- Drop-off and free play
- Circle time
- Meals and diaper changes
- Daily activity
- Outdoor play and fitness
- Nap time and quiet times
- Wake-up and diaper change
- Parent pick up