Communications & Marketing involve creating and delivering the principle message through the best means for our target audience. Our primary role is to inform Seabird Band and Community Members about Seabird programs, services, policies and priorities through a variety of communications practices.
Under the direction of Leadership, Communications works closely with all the departments and programs, we assist in keeping the community informed and raise Seabirds profile and reputation. We create marketing tools which communicate with the community over a variety of mediums. Each target audience will have different communication requirements and each department/program will have different communication and marketing goals. Our communications marketing tools are customized to these different audiences and groups, to reflect the hundreds of different programs and services offered at Seabird and their brands.
Offering these “in-house services” saves Seabird programs time and money and assist in opening up funding opportunities.
Many of these savings are also available to Community Members (eg. Photography,…).
Benefits of working with the Seabird Communication & Marketing Program:
- Build & Maintain Relationships
- Facilitates Innovation
- Enhance Transparency
- Overcome Obstacles
- Establish Professionalism
- Build and Maintain Credibility
- Brand Management (logos, imagery, messaging,…)
- Communications/Marketing plans
- Communications Design
- Emergency Communications
- Information Management
- Internal Staff Communications
- Media Relations
- Photography and Videography
- Print Production
- Promotional Campaigns
- Promotional Items
- Email Campaigns
- Social Media Posts
- Strategic Planning
- Website Posts
- Persuasive Messaging
- And more…
- Annual Reports
- Business Cards
- Digital Monitor Advertisements
- Facebook Notices
- Fillable Forms
- Funeral Pamphlets
- Lobby TV Monitor Ads &
- PowerPoint Templates
- Press Releases
- Social Media
- Weekly Staff News
- Website posts
- And more…
Functions of a Communications Program:
There are many functions of a Communications Program, these include:
- Managing marketing materials, including annual reports, brochures, newsletters and mailers.
- Handling crisis communications when an event threatens public safety or the organizations reputation.
- Creating and implementing an annual communications/marketing plan, in conjunction with other departments.
- Internal communications, including internal announcements to staff.
- Media relations, including writing and distributing news releases, responding to media inquiries and maintaining a media kit about Seabird.
- Public speaking, including representing Seabird in public settings and preparing executives to speak at events.
- Running promotions, either on social media or at physical locations.
- Managing and posting to the website, including working with the website developers.